Monday, October 25, 2010

Can anyone explain scientifically why extreme boil relieves the itch from insect bites?

Desperate after three sleepless nights due to furious itching from sandfly bites, I found a quotation on the net from a man who applied a candle flame to his bites and get instant relief. I didn't do anything that dodgy but used my hairdryer - just held it to the site that be itching and kept it there for as long as I could take on it. It worked!
I then remembered that when I have eczema as a kid, it was relieved for a while by holding my hand under a deeply hot tap. (Of course the symptoms other came rear legs because the cause of the eczema be still there.)
Just interested - any science buffs out nearby who know why this might work?Can anyone explain scientifically why extreme boil relieves the itch from insect bites?
The intense heat kill the nerve ending so you can't feel the itch.
i devise iches from bug bites relieves by heat beacause itburn the bactiria
This also works next to Poison Ivy, Oak, etc. The theory is that applying boil causes as influx of blood and this "washes" away the itching sensation.
I would speculate that it's same as applying extreme cold to a site to sustain numb it. The extremes of temperature explanation the nerves to send that sensation to the brain. Because the nerves can't transport two impulses at like peas in a pod time, the temperature sensation "wins". When the stimuli become painful commonly the brain will "shut off" the impulses one transmitted to the brain so that function can resume.
This being said, you could probably also temporarily relieve itching by slamming the artificial area contained by a door. I'm not sure that it really effective to exchange rough stimuli for itching. Maybe next time freshly try some calamine or Benadryl cream? I guess to each his own:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment